Drupal is an open source content management system, similar to WordPress or Magento, that is available for free. It is supported by a large community of developers around the world and used by millions of websites from blogs to business organizations and even governments. Drupal was created by Dries Buytaert when he was a college student at the University of Antwerp in 2000. From its humble beginnings as an online bulletin board, it has grown into one of the most stable, customizable and flexible content management systems in the world.
One of the most attractive features of Drupal is the ease of use. It was designed to be user-friendly and make sense to people of any technical skill level. Drupal interacts seamlessly and allows for simple integrations with other tools and programs making it effortless to buildout and accommodate any size website now and into the future.
Features and Benefits of Drupal
- Highly Scalable and Flexible: Drupal’s powerful scalability allows users to integrate new features and content as website needs change over time. Drupal’s flexibility allows it to be used with even the most popular websites online that experience high traffic without going down. Websites like Weather.com can see massive traffic spikes when powerful storms such as hurricanes and blizzards are moving towards major cities. They trust Drupal to ensure their website is always available when it is needed most.
- Responsive design: Potential clients and visitors of all kinds are finding and viewing your website on a number of devices and different screen sizes. Gone are the days of people viewing your website form only desktop computers. Drupal’s content automatically resizes to accommodate any screen size, with the need for a responsive design is more important than ever considering your website may be viewed from a desktop monitor, on a phone, tablet or big screen television.
- Open Source: Drupal is an open-source platform that benefits from a rapidly expanding community of developers who are contributing to its code and protecting its security. Drupal developers have the experience of working with others who have previously created solutions you and your business may be looking for, allowing them to ask questions to the community and ensure your website solutions are created correctly.
- Google search screen on laptop:Drupal web development page
- Easy Content Authoring: With Drupal, content authoring is a breeze. You don’t have to be a developer or even savvy with technology to create or add content to your website. Intuitive tools such as WYSIWYG editor make it easy to add images, videos graphics, and other multimedia enhancements easily using standard word processor formatting. Another one of Drupal’s strengths is how the content you create is structured, allowing search engines to more smoothly index your website giving it the potential to rank higher in search results.
- Customized Design: From complex websites to the simple ones, the Drupal CMS platform makes it easy to customize your website to fit all the needs of your business or organization. Other CMS platforms may force you to conform to the way they want your website to operate, but Drupal allows for the creation of limitless solutions tailored to support the evolution of your website.
Sketch Of Website architecture
- Flexible Content Architecture: Display content that reaches your audience and builds personalized engagement with your target demographic. Using powerful content creation tools that incorporate videos, images, PDF and many more rich multimedia options to enhance users experience across multiple devices.
- Better Security: Drupal has been designed with stability and robust security in mind. Due to this focus,it has become the leading choice for many governments, banks, and corporations around the world. Drupal’s flexibility allows it to be configured with extremely strong database encryption and the ability to protect against brute-force password attacks.
- Multilingual Experiences: With Drupal, you can easily manage or create websites in different languages. In fact, Drupal 8 can be installed in 94 languages without the need to install any additional components. This allows you to build websites and write new content for different regions and customs, helping to personalize user experience in multiple areas.
Marketing Analytics Chart
Digital Integration Drupal integrates painlessly with other tools and applications making it a perfect solution for those looking to interface third-party solutions into their website. Digital marketing technologies are some of the more popular tools that can be integrated easily with Drupal providing businesses and organizations access to vital marketing analytics.
Drupal’s eCommerce framework
Drupal Commerce has a highly customizable framework that will allow you to add a catalog of products to your website that can adapt to meet the changing needs of your website as it grows. With a complete product administration system, shopping cart, and checkout form out of the box, and its ability to support multilingual and multi-currency purchases it makes e-commerce painless.
Utilizing simple integration with social media channels like Facebook, Pinterest Twitter, and others you can connect to your potential customers where they hang out and consume information online. Giving you the opportunity to promote your products and services directly to your target audience.
Drupal eCommerce – Drupal Web Development
- Drupal Module Development: Whether making improvements to your current website by building custom modules to enhance your site’s functionality, improve user experience and meet all your organizational requirements. Or tying into existing modules, our team of the experienced certified developers can handle any size project and assist with module installation and configuration. Not sure if your project is custom or could be handled using existing modules? No problem, our expert team is ready to meet with you, discuss your needs and provide recommendations on the best way for your business or organization to move your website forward.